Protruding chin, misaligned upper and lower teeth, asymmetrical facial structure, receding chin, or a closed mouth posture – these issues can be addressed through the combination of braces and orthognathic surgery. Simply braces alone may not be able to rectify these concerns effectively, thus the need for orthognathic surgery alongside braces. This surgical approach ensures proper alignment of the jawbones and enhances facial balance. For those pondering where to seek the best solution for braces in combination with orthognathic surgery, we have the answers for you.
Braces in conjunction with orthognathic surgery – what is it? Combining braces with orthognathic surgery, also known as Orthognathic Surgery, involves surgical procedures to correct jawbone abnormalities. The surgery aims to reposition the jawbones to achieve proper alignment, resulting in a more balanced facial appearance. This approach works in tandem with braces to improve oral and dental health.
This combined treatment is effective in addressing issues like a protruding chin, facial asymmetry, a receding chin, upper teeth overlapping lower teeth, or lower teeth biting against the roof of the mouth. Furthermore, it significantly boosts self-confidence.
Types of braces in conjunction with orthognathic surgery There are two primary approaches to combining braces with orthognathic surgery, based on the physician’s diagnosis:
- Braces before surgery: This method involves wearing braces to correct teeth misalignment before undergoing surgery. This phase usually lasts around 2-3 years, depending on the complexity of the dental issues. Afterward, the surgical procedure is performed to adjust the jawbone’s position. Following the surgery, additional braces may be needed for 1-2 years to fine-tune the bite alignment.
- Surgery before braces: This approach is gaining popularity due to its potential to reduce overall treatment time. Surgery is performed to correct jawbone abnormalities, followed by the use of braces for 6 months to 2 years to complete the alignment process. This method capitalizes on the jaw’s increased mobility post-surgery, resulting in a shorter braces treatment duration.
Choosing the right place for braces in conjunction with orthognathic surgery Now that we’ve reached this point, many may be intrigued by the idea of combining braces with orthognathic surgery but still unsure where to find the best solution. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Accredited clinic: Ensure that the chosen clinic adheres to proper standards and holds the necessary licenses. An accredited clinic demonstrates a commitment to providing quality care. Additionally, make sure the clinic utilizes modern, hygienic equipment and facilities for a safe and comfortable experience.
- Verify surgical techniques: Evaluate the clinic’s surgical techniques. Consulting with an orthodontist can provide insight into the surgical procedures, aiding in your decision-making process. Each case may require a different surgical approach, so discuss the options thoroughly.
- Expertise matters: Given the intricacies of the procedure, it’s crucial to choose a clinic staffed with experienced specialists. Orthognathic surgery involves complex connections with numerous nerves. Choosing an inexperienced surgeon might lead to complications, affecting your facial appearance or even oral health.
- Trustworthy clinic with positive reviews: The credibility of the clinic is paramount. In addition to assessing equipment, modernity, and location, take time to research the clinic’s reputation. Patient feedback and reviews can offer valuable insights. Furthermore, inquire about the treatment process, duration, and associated costs to ensure the best value for your investment.
For those still contemplating where to undergo braces in conjunction with orthognathic surgery, consider Denta-joy THE ORTHODONTIST. We specialize in orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry, providing expert care by experienced professionals. Our clinic adheres to high standards, boasts modern facilities, and ensures personalized treatment every step of the way. If you have any inquiries or require additional information, feel free to contact us at 095-491-8659.